If we don’t wrestle with anger, we never get to the heartbreak. and if we don’t get to the heartbreak, we don’t get to the healing.
-Lama Rod Owens, Love and Rage
Things Our Family Loved Doing Together
- Playing D&D
- TV: Bob’s Burgers, Blackish, Ted Lasso
- Walks in our new neighborhood
- Snuggling on the amazing giant couch
- Watching the birds and squirrels, trying to befriend the crows
- Singing along to Hamilton (still!)
- Re-reading the ‘Shit Kids Say’ list
- Playing Superfight
- Watching Couper watch ‘his show’ (the fireplace)
- Happy Hour with Gramma Patti and Poppy
- Monday Night Open Mic
- Table Topics questions during dinner
- Family Snapchat group
- Sharing Daily Sky Pics
My goal was that over 50% of my books read this year be written by authors who were not cis white males. I got to 69%! Working on increasing this percentage for 2021.
Are you a book-lover? Connect with me on Goodreads!
- Pilgrimage of a Soul, Phileena Heurtz
- The Book of Job
- Sulwe, Lupita Nyong’o
- White Fragility, Robin DiAngelo
- Change-able, J. Stuart Ablon
- Breaking Up With Sugar, Molly Carmel
- 2020 My Shining Year Life Goals Workbook, Leonie Dawson
- Outrageous Openness, Tosha Silver
- Fasting, Feasting, Freedom, Kim Smith
- Animal Farm, George Orwell
- Drop The Stones, Carlos A Rodriguez
- The Enneagram of Belonging, Chris Heurtz
- The Enneagram of Belonging Workbook
- You Were Born for This, Chani Nicholas
- The Bright Side of a Broken Heart, Michelle D’Avella
- Untamed, Glennon Doyle
- Self-Inflicted Wounds, Aisha Taylor
- How to Be An Antiracist, Ibram X. Kendi
- Let It Out: A journey through journaling, Katie Dalebout
- True Self, False Self, Richard Rohr
- Prayer: Forty Days of Practice, Scott Erickson + Justin McRoberts
- Burnout: The secret to unlocking the stress cycle, Emily and Amelia Nagoski
- The Little Book of Letting Go, Hugh Prather
- Getting to Center, Marlee Grace
- You’re a Miracle (and a pain in the ass), Mike McHargue
Most Influential Book I Read
Burnout: The Secret to Unlocking the Stress Cycle
Get the Cliff’s Notes/warmup version from Brene Brown on Unlocking Us.
Favorite Show of The Year
This was another spot-on recommendation from Brene Brown, heard on Unlocking Us.
Most Played Song
You Say, Lauren Daigle
I couldn’t choose just one!!!
Favorite Musical Discovery
What were your favorites of 2020?